• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 14.2 update crashes on save-as [data loss]

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange crashes since updating to 14.2  Saving as or Increment and save crashes the app.  Opening projects loads it up twice when loading.  Anyone see that?  Everything worked as it should before the update.  My only work around is importing a project into a new one to save it as a new file name, but soon enough, this bug happens again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Uninstall cleaner script and removed all plugins seemed to clean it up.  Worked with tech support.  They just pretty much blamed it on some unidentified plugin.

I traced it to Autodesk.Plugins.Adobe.AfterFX.SceneIO.Loader

This loads 3DS Max 2018 scene data into AE and is shipping with the current Max version..  It's imperative to my 3DS Max to AE workflow.  It appears to be the culprit.  Otherwise, everything works as should be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this happening. What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.  Been using AE since the Cosa days, so I know it's not me.  Really don't want to spend the time trouble shooting plugins and what not.  Time will tell more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ehren,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our expert's advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall cleaner script and removed all plugins seemed to clean it up.  Worked with tech support.  They just pretty much blamed it on some unidentified plugin.

I traced it to Autodesk.Plugins.Adobe.AfterFX.SceneIO.Loader

This loads 3DS Max 2018 scene data into AE and is shipping with the current Max version..  It's imperative to my 3DS Max to AE workflow.  It appears to be the culprit.  Otherwise, everything works as should be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest filing a bug with Adobe and one with 3DS Max on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines