• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two of same local drive after HDR Merge

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Lightroom, I merged some photos in Photoshop's HDR Pro. After hunting for quite a while, I discovered that the newly created file is imported into a new (in my case) D: drive. The photo file is in the same folder with the originals, but it doesn't show up in the "original" library folder.

Two D-Drives.PNG

I found something online that suggested right-clicking the folder in the copy and choosing "Show parent folder" from the context menu. I did that and it showed "2014" as expected. I right-clicked the 2014 folder to show it's parent and got the following SQL error:

SQL Error.PNG

This is a brand new machine with Windows 10 Pro, and the current versions of Lightroom, and Photoshop.

To make the photo show up in the proper place, I removed the folders from the duplicate D: drive (which caused it to disappear), then synchronized the folder. Voila!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

The "Duplicate"  Drive, or "Duplicate" folder,  is a problem that has been seen by other users.

The best answer I have seen is by Jim Wilde, and a forum thread can be found here-

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I suggest you read the answers by Jim very carefully, (particularly the third post in the answers),  because the steps to correct the problem are fairly specific, and trying other steps usually does not resul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this happens whenever I edit in Photoshop; HDR, Pano, Edit in...; you name it.

Any help out there?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Duplicate"  Drive, or "Duplicate" folder,  is a problem that has been seen by other users.

The best answer I have seen is by Jim Wilde, and a forum thread can be found here-

Lightroom: Creates duplicate folder after Photoshop edit or Import from disk | Photoshop Family Cust...

I suggest you read the answers by Jim very carefully, (particularly the third post in the answers),  because the steps to correct the problem are fairly specific, and trying other steps usually does not result in a permanent solution.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I take it back. That did fix my problem, but with the following point of clarification. The difference between the two paths was the case of the letter in the D: drive. That is:

D:\Users\Mark\Pictures

vs

d:\Users\Mark\Pictures

The first time I tried it, I selected the Pictures library folder under "This PC." Once I noticed the different cases of the drive letter, I made a point of choosing "Local Disk (D:)" and drilling down to the proper folder that way. This changed the case of the D: drive in Lightroom and solved the problem.

Thank you for the pointer, wobertc!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines