• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate layers into a different file results in blank layers

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to duplicate layers from a photoshop file into a smart object and it results in blank layers & a blank mask like this:

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 3.20.31 PM.png

I tried to duplicate into a different regular PSD and also got blank layers. This is what they look like before I duplicate: Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 3.23.51 PM.png

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've tried duplicating them individually which didn't help, and I checked that the documents are compatible and everything is the same. There is a path on the image, I'm not sure if that's relevant but I'm trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Photoshop is not a file editor Photoshop edits documents and it easy to copy layer between documents. There are more than one way to do it so here is one way.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

caitlynd92024350  wrote

I am trying to duplicate layers from a photoshop file into a smart object

Should be easy.  Here I target three layers in the layers palette and dragged them to the add new layer icon in the layer palette. That duplicated the layers and they were targeted I right clicked and selected convert to smart object.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! But it looks like maybe my question got cut off, I'm having an issue where when I duplicate the layers into a different file (in this case it was a smart object but I tried it in a regular PSD also) they show up blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is not a file editor Photoshop edits documents and it easy to copy layer between documents. There are more than one way to do it so here is one way.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines