• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple screens with different dpi causing screwy scaling

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is lightroom really still NOT high-dpi aware? i work in a (windows) setup with two screens with mixed dpi (hi-res notebook screen and standard res external monitor) -- indesign, illustrator, muse, dreamweaver, premiere pro, bridge all work very well with this mixed situation... but LIGHTROOM (and photoshop for that matter), which really is the one program i take advantage of both screens at once ist STILL very screwy with this setup--- can it be that it's still not high-dpi aware? also, changing the interface type-size gets weird results... is there a solution? an update on the way (after all lightroom is one of the last apps in the CC-family with a 2015 version-number..)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi studiok,

Lightroom adjusts itself according to your screen DPI. However, Photoshop UI can be adjusted, Take a look at this article HiDPI and Retina Display support FAQ for Photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help, I have the same problem but this isn't helping.

By scaling the text either my high dpi main screen gets too small or my low dpi external screen gets too big. Either way, one of them is always useless.

This is only happening with lightroom, premier seems to have no problem with scaling both correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as @ellas56972775 is mentioning, this is not helping...

here are some photos to help understand the issue (mind you these screens are side-by-side, so this is not perspective making the interface on one look so big, one is a 27" regular dpi, the other a 15" hi-dpi [notebook] screen:

20170503_131018739_iOS.jpg

20170503_131045450_iOS.jpg

20170503_131411884_iOS.jpg

20170503_131332578_iOS.jpg

For comparison, here's PremierePro, which handles it well (interface windows/fonts appear the same (perceived@) size on both screens):

20170503_131239639_iOS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't have explained it any better. I have exactly the same thing going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for responding late.

Could you please check what is the DPI setting for both of your monitors?

Also, Do you have switchable graphics for multiple monitors? See Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (Step 7)

Thanks,

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display scaling is set to 200% on the Hi-Res Screen and to 100% on the regular-res Screen.

Yes I do have switchable graphics (Intel HD P630 and NVidia Quadro M1200). Both Photoshop and Lightroom (i can't find sniffer.exe) are set to use the high-performance Nvidia card within the Nvidia control panel.

What really astonishes me though, is that as I've mentioned before, indesign, illustrator, muse, dreamweaver, premiere pro, bridge all handle the situation well. But Lightroom and Photoshop are having a hard time (so does Google Chrome by the way, must be something to do with how all these apps tell Windows which scaling to use on what window/panel).

Issue still NOT solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out an interim work-around... BUT PLEASE FIX THIS.

Overriding the high DPI scaling behavior within the file properties of the programs make the dual screen setup more usable. I found "System" to be the best setting for Photoshop, for Lightroom both "System" and "System (Enhanced)" delivered okay results.

Capture.PNG

***HEADS UP***

be aware that this will also scale the opened images, hence NOT take full advantage of the hi-Res Screen -- which, in Lightroom actually is a okay for me, because the hi-res previews were putting quite the workload on the system. (switching which monitor is primary and which is secondary within lightroom will still cause some screwy behaviour but at least most things work well this way [and the identity plate setup is usable this way too!].)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem by going to preferences and changing the font size.  I have to change this each time I switch from my laptop hidpi to my desktop super-wide.  Default was set to 250% at installation - probably because my laptop screen was taken as the reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines