• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open RAW files from Canon 80D

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have recently received a new MacBook Pro (first time Apple user) and tried editing some photos in Lightroom.

When I try to import raw files shoot with Canon 80D, Lightroom won't recognize them. When I try to import raw files from other cameras (70D, 6D) it works just fine.
When I try to update my Lightroom it says there is no new update. When I go to to About Lightroom (or something like that) it says that I have CC 2015, and I've read on the internet that I must have. CC 2015.5 in order to work with my 80D raw files, but there is no update for me. What shoul I do?

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [4]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2,7 GHz

Built-in memory: 16.384,0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16.384,0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 462,3 MB (2,8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2.178,5 MB

Memory cache size: 0,0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Displays: 1) 3360x2100

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon Pro 460 OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 4.1 ATI-1.50.38

Renderer: AMD Radeon Pro 460 OpenGL Engine

LanguageVersion: 4.10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using Lightroom CC 2015.0. You need at least 2015.5. You should update. The current release is 2015.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that but why there is no update for me? I am still using the 2015.0 version and as you said, the current release is 2015.10. Is there any way to force update the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking for updates in the Cloud desktop app?

Update apps to Adobe Creative Cloud 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just reinstalled the Creative Cloud App and Lightroom and it still installs the 2015.0 version. When I go to Creative Cloud App and try to click on Check for Updates, I can't. It's grayed out and can't click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go to the following website and download the update and install it manually. You have to click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link. You only need the topmost update.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 01.34.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know how to help you other than to suggest that you be signed in as administrator when you try to run the update. If that doesn't help then you will have to contact customers support through the link on that error dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love you! xD Thanks. Yaaaaay! Just updated to .10 release and now it works. I can import those raw files shot with my 80D!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've just reinstalled the Creative Cloud App and Lightroom and it still installs the 2015.0 version. When I go to Creative Cloud App and try to click on Check for Updates, I can't. It's grayed out and can't click it."

Just so you are aware if you uninstall the Original application you will first have to re-install the 2015.0 full application and then proceed to download and install the appropriate update (patch). The latest update is 2015.10 (ten). You do not need to run each update from 2015.1 to 2015.9.

To wit you cannot update unless the full 2015.0 application is installed. How can you install an update if there is no original application present to update? duh!

The update procedure does not require you to uninstall the previous version of Lightroom.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never said that I've installed the update without having the full application installed. I did try updating to the .10 release but with no success. The updates could not be applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines