• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have render details disappeared from the info panel in CC 2017?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

The AE info panel used to display which exact layer / effect it was working through when rendering, it was really useful for slow-rendering frames as you could tell at a glance which were the render-heavy elements.

I've checked the Show Rendering Progress in Info Panel and Flowchart (weird how many words use a capital letter in the preferences panel) but it doesn't seem to make any difference, is this no longer possible?  If you move through a composition frame by frame the Info Panel sometimes displays the final thing it did (usually 'cleaning up') but nothing more.  I've tested it with minute-long frames and there's never any detail, it doesn't matter if layers and effects are pre-comped or not.

Is this just me or is it the same for everyone?  I'm on a 2013 27" iMac running 10.12.4 and AE is whatever the most recent version 2017 is, I pretty much skipped AE 2015 so have only got CC 2017 and CC 2014 installed but it's still working in CC 2014, I just tested it.

Any ideas?  I've got a really complicated project (no 3rd party plugins used) and something is slowing it down, I can figure it out by soloing and hiding layers but it would be much quicker to see what's going on as AE chews through it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017
Is this just me or is it the same for everyone?

same for everyone. I actually noticed it a while back but never took the time to really explore what's wrong.

you are correct, it appears that checking "show rendering progress in info panel and flowchart" is giving different results in CC2014 vs later versions.

CC2014:

CC2015-17

the second line is added when you check the "rendering progress in info panel and flowchart" On. it's not giving anything new really. if you cache it would show it in the firs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used this feature in a while, so I haven't checked. I'm working on a Cinema 4D render at work right now. Remind me and I can try to check it when I get back to my freelance office at home.

I don't recall it being removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just me or is it the same for everyone?

same for everyone. I actually noticed it a while back but never took the time to really explore what's wrong.

you are correct, it appears that checking "show rendering progress in info panel and flowchart" is giving different results in CC2014 vs later versions.

CC2014:

CC2015-17

the second line is added when you check the "rendering progress in info panel and flowchart" On. it's not giving anything new really. if you cache it would show it in the first line. if you play it, it would show "playing".

this looks like a bug to me, help address it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll file a report, I though it must be a bug as it does very occasionally show what's going on. It's not like it's an essential feature but it used to come in really handy every now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you. it's a useful feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines