• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting multiples nodes (of a vector shape) at the same time...

Engaged ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(When dealing with shape layers in Photoshop...)

If I right-click a node (which auto-selects it) and choose the DELETE option in the menu, the node goes away and the shape then bridges the gap by using the next nearest node as a new hop destination.

But if I select a node and click the DEL button on my keyboard instead, the two nodes on either side of it don't "auto-fill" (for lack of a better term) like they would have if I'd right-clicked / deleted the node instead.

Clearly, doing it either way produces decidedly different results, with the latter being crippling to my work. Unfortunately, that happens to be the only way to delete several nodes at once.*

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do I recreate the right-click / delete behavior after selecting dozens of nodes? Currently, I have to delete nodes one at a time to make sure the shape keeps bridging to the nearest node (without creating that unusable space between two nodes that refuse to communicate with one another, which is what happens when I use the DEL key).

(* Since you have to right-click a node directly to make the delete option appear, and doing so deselects all the other nodes previously lit.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

I don't have and answer for you, but if you use the Pen tool with Auto Add/Delete points checks, you save one click per deletion (hover and left click when you see the minus sign).    I just let the path break, and then rejoin the ends, but I absolutely see where you are coming from.

Go raise it as a request on the Feedback site perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have and answer for you, but if you use the Pen tool with Auto Add/Delete points checks, you save one click per deletion (hover and left click when you see the minus sign).    I just let the path break, and then rejoin the ends, but I absolutely see where you are coming from.

Go raise it as a request on the Feedback site perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines