• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get photo shop to display tool names when mouse hovers over them

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that all adobe softwares have this feature. It's like a preference that you turn on, so that when your mouse hovers over a tool, or option, a small tip will be hanging off the mouse displaying the tool's name or the quick key or something like a tip. Please tell me how to turn this feature on in photoshop. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi jzhen84,

Please ensure that the option to show Tooltips in Photoshop preferences is enabled.

You can view information about any tool by positioning the pointer over it. The name of the tool appears in a tool tip below the pointer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jzhen84,

Please ensure that the option to show Tooltips in Photoshop preferences is enabled.

You can view information about any tool by positioning the pointer over it. The name of the tool appears in a tool tip below the pointer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how come my preferences don't have tools ? Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 10.52.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Photoshop>Preferences>Interface>Show Tool Tips

You probably don't have the latest photoshop version 2017.1

In your photoshop look under Help>System Info and the top line says the version.

What version of mac os x are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i have, i think it should still be new enough for that feature to exist on it right ?Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.44.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actually, i got it, it just needed to be reactivated. thanks a lot man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines