• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Duplicates

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago a problem appeared with importing new photos.  I always check the box to not import suspected duplicates.  I usually copy the images from my SD card to a folder according to the subject.  Now when I go to import the new photos that I've added to a folder, each picture is selected as though it's the first time they are being imported.

It's a real pain as I have to unselect them all and search for the new pictures.  I've optimized my catalog, but that's not helping.  Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi FranciscoGuy,

Lightroom determines a photo is a duplicate of another file in the catalog if it has the same, original filename; the same Exif capture date and time; and the same file size. It's possible that the new batch of images have the same name or Exif data.

Take a look at this similar discussion and let us know if that helps.Why is a file a suspected duplicate

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FranciscoGuy,

Lightroom determines a photo is a duplicate of another file in the catalog if it has the same, original filename; the same Exif capture date and time; and the same file size. It's possible that the new batch of images have the same name or Exif data.

Take a look at this similar discussion and let us know if that helps.Why is a file a suspected duplicate

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines