Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop display images different. Help

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is my first post and it's for help. When I export my photos from lightroom to photoshop they are different. I have the colour spaces set to the same and I'm using the "edit in" function from within Lightroom. I'm using lightroom cc 2015 and photoshop cc 2015. The image is a raw file that has been converted to DNG in lightroom on import. Here are 2 samples, the darker one is in Lightroom.

4Z4A9649-1.jpg

PS.jpg

As you can see they are totally different.

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Lance, one thing I'll note off the bat is that in addition to the exposure difference, there's a pronounced distortion difference between the two images that I normally associate with lens/camera profile difference. Assuming you havent made differing lens distortion settings, then it appears one has different profile.  I'd be interested in knowing if you create the PS image from LR using "smart object"  what results you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not seeing this myself. I have both color spaces set to ProPhoto RGB and the render settings of tiff, 16 bit, ProPhoto RGB

Go to Preferences >> External Editing and check that the color space setting is consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not seeing the difference in the sample images?

I have all my external editing settings the same as you and my colour profile is matching in Photoshop. It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lance, one thing I'll note off the bat is that in addition to the exposure difference, there's a pronounced distortion difference between the two images that I normally associate with lens/camera profile difference. Assuming you havent made differing lens distortion settings, then it appears one has different profile.  I'd be interested in knowing if you create the PS image from LR using "smart object"  what results you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your a genius. I had the lens profile box checked but lightroom couldnt find a match and left the box empty. Once I turned profiling off it exported to Photoshop exactly the same. Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is considerable noise in the shadow areas of the posted image (see below). After correcting the Lens Profile issue you may still be seeing a difference between the LR Develop and Library modules, Edit in PS, and Export images.This is due to noise in the image file, which is common with long-exposure and/or high ISO images. You can correct this by adding Luminance NR and perhaps lowering sharpening to reduce noise visible at 1:1 View in the Develop module. Once corrected the Develop and Library module images should look virtually identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines