Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Catalogs in Finder; appears I have 2 of them

Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help.

I purchased CC with LR and Photoshop. Went through the process of downloading and setting it up on my iMac desktop. Things appear to be running smoothly but when I went into Finder to look at My Lightroom Photos I notice what I think are two Catalogs.

When you install CC do you end up with two catalogs?

LR Catalog.tiff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

On a new install it creates one catalog. Did you have an older LR before? If yes, LR cc created a copy of the old catalog and upgraded it to the current version - ending up with 2 catalogs.

The usual recommendation is to work with a single catalog. Make sure which one is the one you use (in LR open catalog settings and it is shown there). and remove (backup) the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a new install it creates one catalog. Did you have an older LR before? If yes, LR cc created a copy of the old catalog and upgraded it to the current version - ending up with 2 catalogs.

The usual recommendation is to work with a single catalog. Make sure which one is the one you use (in LR open catalog settings and it is shown there). and remove (backup) the other.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for a quick reply. Yes, I had an older version of LR before moving to the CC. I so work with only on Catalog, so I will remove the other one as you suggest.  Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines