• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem loading project files

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, am new to AE and i am having problems loading Adobe After Effects Projects....

I keep getting the following message,

'this project must be converted from version 12.0 (windows 64) the original file will be unchanged'

followed by

'project files are missing'

I am going to the right location, i know the files are there... I am running 64 version of windows 10, and using AE CC 2017

Thanks for your help in advance,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

That first message is just letting you know that the project file was created in an older version. AE will make you save the file with a new name so you don't overwrite the old file. It's being helpful.

The second thing (the missing files) is also not a big deal. Just double-click on one of the missing footage items, navigate to where you have the files saved, and point it to the correct file. After Effects will likely link to the other assets automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I am sorry for the issue with the project file. It might be an issue with the version compatibility.

Please install AfterEffects CC 2015 version > open the project file > save > open the file in AfterEffects CC 2017.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Let us know the status. 

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That first message is just letting you know that the project file was created in an older version. AE will make you save the file with a new name so you don't overwrite the old file. It's being helpful.

The second thing (the missing files) is also not a big deal. Just double-click on one of the missing footage items, navigate to where you have the files saved, and point it to the correct file. After Effects will likely link to the other assets automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines