• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The F has just happened over this night?! / Update 2017.1.1 (May 2017)

Contributor ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell happened over this night?! I lost all my actions, presets and all my settings after overnight update of Photoshop! This happened first time and what's even worse - I can't find them anywhere! Checked the folder with the Photohop and guess what - it looks like system removed the folder by itself and installed the new one...

Adobe, what the F did You do?

I stored presets and actions important to work with three of my biggest clients - now it's gone and it would take ages to recreate them! Moreover, I DID NOT update the Photoshop as I used to do it by clicking "Update" in CC Window in the top bar of OS X...

Where are my files? And don't even start with "backuping those files" - I never had to do it before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the user Presets Folder, too, or are you absolutely certain you saved the atn-files to the application Presets Folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every of the 3 folders is empty. Btw. why didn't the new version of PS remove the old folders?

Adobe, the question remains: where the F is my work?

Secondly, fire Your damn developers. We're living in 2017 - You CAN NOT (*numbers of swearing words*) release an update before testing it, for God's sake... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing, the recovered files are still there:

(couldn't edit my last post )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again: Are you sure you saved presets to the Application Folder instead of the User Folder?

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 11.18.59.png

Positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also check the CC 2015.5 Folder?

By default Photoshop would offer those locations when saving presets, have you ever deliberately changed that to save to the Applcation Folder?

Is there still a CC 2015.5 Folder in the Application Folder itself bedside the CC 2017 Folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the attached screenshots is clearly visible, there's no single old action, preset or anything like that in any of the folders with "Photoshop" string in the names.

Also, as I said in the beggining, I did not change anything and everything was fine before yesterday update. I checked the exact locations You posted and the screenshots show there's nothing there, they look like new ones.

Eveything that is in those folders is visible on the screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, then it looks like you are out of luck on this one …

Anyway the User Presets/Actions Folder is in the Application Support Folder, not the Preferences Folder, your screenshots do not seem exactly clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(can't edit previous post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines