• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to increase font size in RoboHelp UI?

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is there any way to increase the font size of the text in the RoboHelp (11) UI itself, that is, for example, the items that appear in the Project manager, Topic List, Single Source Layouts, and other panels?

I have my monitor set to optimal resolution, but this seems to cause this text to be too small for comfort. Is there a way to increase the font size from within RH? If not, is there a Windows-level change I can make?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but aside from manipulating Windows settings (which would mess with all your other apps) it's not possible.

I would encourage you to submit a Wish Form to ask for it in a future release.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the exact same problem!!  Had RH 10 on Windows XP - then got upgraded to Win 7.  Now the listings in the RH UI - such as Project Manager, Single Source Layouts, etc. - have entries (items) in what looks to be around 4 pt.!!  My Win 7 screen resolution is not that small (near-sighted here!).  For the Design panel and my topics, I changed the Zoom to be like 150%, which gives me a font size looking about like a 9 pt., but still more readable.

I will  go make my "Wish" now to Adobe, as suggested here.  Just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain!!

Good luck to us both.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this before and I believe it is about Windows, video cards and suchlike.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.  Yes, that's what it appears to be.  So, in messing about with the screen resolution and text size settings on my new Windows 7 machine, I somehow irritated RoboHelp.  This is what it looks like:

RH10-Win7-FontSize.jpg

I got responses from Adobe person assigned to my bug request.  He said all was OK on their side.  He said to try to change the Custom DPI text size for my machine, but that did not change the RH display, only the toolbar and pod headings.  He suggested I uninstall then reinstall RH 10.

I also asked what the difference was between the RH source files that present the toolbar and that retrieve the project files as listed (includes the Single Source Layout pod entries also, though).  We'll see.

Have a feeling I'll have to reinstall.

Thanks for all your help.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I uninstalled then reinstalled RoboHelp 10.  Then launched RoboHelp, which initialized my user data (took a VERY long time). 

I then opened up one of the standard RH 10 sample projects.  However, the symptom was still there (see above image).

So, not sure what to do next.  Guess I just have to live with it, and maybe somehow install reading glasses to my monitor?

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think this is something that is related to Windows settings, even though it only seems to be affecting Rh. Can't be sure but if it was a Rh thing I'm sure we would have seen many more posts about it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very late to this party, but I just ran into the same problem. I have, however, come across a solution, so I figured I'd share it for anybody else who stumbles across this thread. 

I adjusted the application's properties (right click on the program file or icon and choose "Properties" from the menu) in the Compatibility tab. I'm not sure if the settings available will vary by OS, but I checked the box next to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and hit "Apply."  I restarted the program and it worked like a charm--hope this helps somebody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job! And thanks for sharing your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you!  I was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and RoboHelp was the only program giving me fits.

I located the compatibility tab and checked the box and my eyes and patience are so grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it is more to do with the graphics card than the operating system. On a Surface Pro, it makes no difference at all with Windows 10.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, looking at it after several days and fresh eyes - it is true that it was one of my two graphics cards.  The change mentioned above worked in the interim but additional graphic related issues began happening with my laptop.  They have since been resolved with the replacement of one of my two cards.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Becky's response below.  It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp