• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k screen scaling has gone madly small

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 this morning. (Windows 10)

I have a 4K laptop and suddenly all the Photoshop menus, icons and buttons have shrunk to a tiny unreadable size.  (All my other windows applications are fine)

It's like it's become suddenly unaware of the Windows 10 scaling settings.  It used to be OK but now it looks like how very old applications look when I run them on a 4k screen.

Can I change a setting somewhere in PS?  Is this a new bug?

Help! I can't see my photoshop menus properly!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Do you have UI scaling set to Auto?  If yes, set to 200%  If it is already set to 200%, then there might be a problem, but yours is the first post I have seen about it since 2017.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Experimental features > Scale UI 200%.......

200%.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have UI scaling set to Auto?  If yes, set to 200%  If it is already set to 200%, then there might be a problem, but yours is the first post I have seen about it since 2017.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Auto" will default to 200% scaling on 4K monitors.

Windows Creator build is supposed to help applications that do not scale properly.

have not tried it yet.

Been my biggest beef about PS the UI scaling just sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies.  I don't have an 'experimental features' option in preferences but I do have the 'interface' bit.

I set it to Auto, Large Fonts and all is back to normal.

Why would an incremental update change my preferences though? Have any of my other preferences been defaulted too?  I haven't had time to have a look properly but my first impression is that my immediate issue is solved.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikey_2000  wrote

Why would an incremental update change my preferences though? Have any of my other preferences been defaulted too?  I haven't had time to have a look properly but my first impression is that my immediate issue is solved.

🙂

I take it that the UI was set to 100%?    I've just checked mine, and it is also set to 100%, but I can't sat for sure that I have not changed when answering questions on this forum.  You'd thin it a no brainer to default to Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UI is set to 100% default install.

90% of all monitors still use 2K resolution.

Its the 10% that have to jump thru hoops.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines