• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Mirror Refeflection

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a shadow reflection on the below image, however am having trouble achieving this on the angle and in the quickest way possible.

Salmon.jpg

Below is a finished product of what i am trying to achieve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

This is quick but I combined the 2 images together in 2 layers. Used liquify to shorten the heel shadow and distort the shadow to this shoe. I rubber stamped the strap out of the shadow. You can then reuse the shadow layer for all you other shoes, maybe name a few master for short heel high heels.

We did this for Nikes website. Agin this is rough as I see about 3 things I would touch up to get the shadow to meet the shoe better and  soften/smooth the bottom right of shadow.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 12.03.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annnnnd which of Adobe's 100+ products might you be using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could try creating a second copy of the image, but changing it's color to a gray gradient, flipping it vertically, and aligning it at the bottom of your master image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Captivate Reflection feature is simply not able to produce the result shown in your second image. What Captivate does is to take the image that you insert, flip it upside down and place it below the original image to create the reflection effect. 

My suggestions are

• Remove the white area at the bottom of the shoe as shown in your first image and try to reflection feature of Captivate. It might give you an acceptable result as the reflection will look much closer to the shoe without that big empty white area. 
  • It it is still not what you want, your next option is ...Photoshop!

Hope it helps...

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'm rather doubtful that kater74257454 is even using Captivate, which is why I asked the question I did.

We tend to see many posts in this forum that aren't remotely about Captivate. They see "editing" and don't realize it's about Captivate editing and they could be using any of Adobe's products.

My gut says we will end up moving this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

yhank you - yes you are correct and I am NOT using Captivate but rather photoshop.

I didn't realize this was a thread for captivate.

i I'll move my question to a more suitable thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving your question to Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is quick but I combined the 2 images together in 2 layers. Used liquify to shorten the heel shadow and distort the shadow to this shoe. I rubber stamped the strap out of the shadow. You can then reuse the shadow layer for all you other shoes, maybe name a few master for short heel high heels.

We did this for Nikes website. Agin this is rough as I see about 3 things I would touch up to get the shadow to meet the shoe better and  soften/smooth the bottom right of shadow.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 12.03.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a Photoshop Editing question? Please, tell which application you are using....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be Photoshop. Could be InDesign. Could be GIMP for all we know at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy she came to the community for help.  I was in her 'shoes' not long ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines