• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Install 3D Custom LUT in Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there was a way to install Custom 3d LUT into Photoshop CS6, so that they will show up in the drop-down menu in the Color Lookup adjustment layer.

thanks for the help

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

In

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Presets\3DLUTs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with all other presets: put them in the presets folder and relaunch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could any one be more specific?

In which folder to put the .cube files (Adobe CC 2017 on Windows).

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,

This one requires Administrator Rights.
Isn't there something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Color Lookup Properties Panel, select the top item in 3DLUT popup menu: "Load 3DLUT...". This will bring up a File Open dialog and you can select the file from anywhere on your drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tom_attix, I want something to be permanent in the list and suitable for many many LUT's.

Doing it one by one won't cut it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific what your problem is here? I have no problem with permissions with the 3DLUTs preset folder on Windows 10 and can even use the .cube files that come with Premiere in Photoshop. The location posted by R_Kelly​ should work. I do give my Windows account administrative permissions, maybe that's the difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terri_Stevens, This is really simple.

I have LUT Files I want to install in a way they will be available on the list of LUT's.

Yet the only path which works is the one under Program Files which requires Administrator Rights.

I was wondering if there is a different location.

There is no dedicated LUT folder under the Roaming folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure I'm being very stupid here,  but surely the solution is to change the file and folder  permissions on

as there isn't an alternative folder to use. All you need to do is right click the 3DLUTs folder and select properties

1.png

Select the 'Security' tab. Press Edit

2.png

Then Add

3.png

Followed by Advanced

4.png

in the dialog box press 'Find Now. Choose 'Everyone' from the list and press OK.

5.png

Finally with Everyone highlighted click on 'Full Control' to give permissions to all users and press Apply

6.png

That should work, but it's far easier to give yourself an Administrator account in the first place rather than a Standard account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to change those setting requires Administrator privileges so there is no point.

If no one knows any other method I just ask Adobe to add LUT folder under:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Presets

There is a folder for Actions, there should be one for LUT's as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no installed folder there but you can add one (3DLUTs). It's working for me with the latest release on Win10. The added LUTs show at the bottom of the installed list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I'm having issues whit my 3DLUT view. Every time I open my Color Lookup layer, 3DLUT Optios in missing! (my Ps is in spanish but you can see that the first option for 3DLUT is missing)

Captura.JPG

I already try to solve this with Adobe's guys but I'm not having a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines