Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crash when locating footage

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble relinking a massive group of files (300+)

My folder structure has changed and as a result I have to relink all my files from this project. However because it is such a large project, whilst AE automatically tries to find the rest of the files it crashes. I have tried this on different machines on both Mac and Windows but am getting the exact same result every time.

Using AE 2017.2

Is there a way to turn off the automatic locating of certain footage so that i can just link 50 at a time or something? I have deadlines to package this project up so this is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Update: This is only crashing on the latest update, Now the problem is that it is not auto finding any files, I have 300+ images that are in the same folder they used to be just with a different folder name now. for some reason they are not being found even when i locate one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This is only crashing on the latest update, Now the problem is that it is not auto finding any files, I have 300+ images that are in the same folder they used to be just with a different folder name now. for some reason they are not being found even when i locate one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to just get this done quickly, could you Save As version 13, open it in CC 2014, and relink your footage there? If you used any of the new features, this will lose them, but it's worth a shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines