• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good app, but doesn't work right on Android

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to love this app on my iphone, but i recently switched to Android (S8+) and this was one of the first apps i downloaded. I was disappointed when i saw i couldn't work on anything i had previously worked on on ios but it wasn't that big of a deal but then i started drawing and i realized it has a HUGE input lag like up to an inch between my finger and the line im drawing. Adobe sketch works fine so this could just be fixed with an update. If there is anything i can do to try and fix this please share!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Plekie,

Glad it's working better than you initially thought. I'm not so happy that the app is crashing whenever you tap Settings (just to clarify, do you mean the app settings (when you tap the hamburger icon in a project view) or the drawing settings (when you tap the gear icon inside a drawing)?

Thanks for the device information too. It's really helpful to know. Your device is VERY new so I suspect that may be part of the problem; even the most recent beta was released prior to your device (whic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plekie.

I'm sorry the experience moving from Draw for iOS to Android hasn't been a good one.

And I'm sorry about your work from iOS not being accessible in the Android version of the app. The lack of feature parity between iOS and Android is the reason and I am keeping both teams aware of the impact this is having on people who work on both platforms.

About the sluggishness in the app, a couple of things:

If you could let me know what you're doing when the lag is most pronounced, it would be super helpful.

Also, there's a new Draw for Android beta (v3.2.22) with some bug fixes that may help with this. You can get it by joining our Adobe Android Apps G+ page (https://plus.google.com/communities/115649485021140879434) and following the instructions on this post: https://plus.google.com/101146399386092670308/posts/Pov8rYKWKpq  (you won't be able to see the post until you join the group). If you have a minute, join the group and give the beta version a try.

I hope this helps a bit and if you can give me a bit more detail about the lag you're seeing I can pass that along to the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sue!

I download the beta but unfortunately it didn't help but I am grateful I was resonated to quickly so thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plekie,

OK. Thanks for trying it.

If you have a minute, can you let me know when the lag in the app is most noticeable so I can share your information with the product team.  Also, it would be really helpful to know what device and what version of the Android OS you're using.

Thanks for your time with this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first off i used the beta some more and realized it did help some but i do want to say it always crashes when i press the settings button. Also i have a galaxy s8+ on Android 7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plekie,

Glad it's working better than you initially thought. I'm not so happy that the app is crashing whenever you tap Settings (just to clarify, do you mean the app settings (when you tap the hamburger icon in a project view) or the drawing settings (when you tap the gear icon inside a drawing)?

Thanks for the device information too. It's really helpful to know. Your device is VERY new so I suspect that may be part of the problem; even the most recent beta was released prior to your device (which means, the next version of the app should improve things for you).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the preferences on the drawing page, also it is likely just the fact its a new phone and probably just needs an update likely because the s8 has a different aspect ratio than most devices. Thanks so much for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Plekie.

I'll let the product team know. Thanks for all your time.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app for me on a new Galaxy Tab Samsung s3 is unusable. The paralax is horrible. Is there any setting to fix it? I have to use random 3rd party apps for illustration to then export to my desktop to finalize.

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael.

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond.

Can you give me a bit more information about what you're referring to when you say that the parallax is horrible (I'm just not understanding that term with regard to the app).

Thanks for your time.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

What I mean is when using the pen the distance from the point of contact to actually seeing the line is really far apart making it near impossible to use on android which is a real shame for me since I love drawing in illustrator.

Thanks

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael.

I'm glad I asked... That's not what I thought you meant. But a couple more quick questions:

I'm guessing you're using the SPen?

And are you using v3.3.77 of Draw?

And what version of the Android OS are you using?

Let me know, so I can ask the product team to look into it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I'm using the SPen

Im using whatever the newest version is

Android 7.0 Nougat

thanks Sue!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael.

Let me see what I can find out about it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael.

I don't have much more information but just wanted to let you know that the product team is going to do some more testing with the SPen.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an older discussion but I wanted to reiterate that I just got a Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 and I'm still at this point experiencing the lag that is talked about in this thread.

It appears that it is only in Adobe's drawing apps that this lag happens. I've tried other drawing apps and the response is spot on.

I've tried Adobe Draw and Adobe Sketch. Sketch is better but still exhibits some lag. Draw is still essentially unusable if you're looking for any type of functional accuracy.

Just chiming in to let you all know that the end-user experience at this level of Chromebook (what I'd consider upper mid-tier) is still less than functional.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GuitarPete.

Thanks for posting.

The lag you're referring to, is it when you're using the Pixelbook Pen? Or when using your finger? Or both? And, does the lag disappear if you turn off Pressure Dynamics in the Brush Settings menu?

I know the Draw team is looking at the lag some people are experiencing when using the pressure-sensitive styluses but I don't know when an update, with a fix for the lag, will be released.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sue,

So ive been using draw for a month now and ive made about 4-5 project and it was great! I enjoyed it it was simple to use.

But a horrible lag started yesterday and the project im working on is almost finished but it started mid way.

It delays the drawing fill just says "filling" but doesnt fill anything or it glitches and shows it filled but theres nothing there when i zoom out.

If you can please help me fix this asap, thank you,

I really love this app but its getting on my nerves...

Baeza,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baeza.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the app.

Please contact me through the in-app feedback so that I can see all of your device information (it's really important that I have that and it will automatically populate the email) and also so I can have you share with me the drawing that you're having trouble with.

You don't have to rewrite everything you've posted here, just mention the forums.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to use LR 3.6 (android) on a pixelbook.

LR cannot see the SD card when I plug the card reader into USB C port.

Android and "see" the files as they are accessible from Astro File manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScarletGecko.

It looks like this conversation has come up in the Lightroom forum: Lightroom CC on Pixelbook

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue on Google pixel 3 XL. Huge input lag. When using a brush the distance of input contact and real line is far apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines