Exit

Tech info needed before switch to a new computer

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team.

I would need a tech info.

I hope later this year or within the first months of next year to switch to a brand new pc workstation.

I'm evaluating to get a new machine equipped with a Nvidia Pascal card series GTX 1080 and latest i7 7700K cpu/DDR4 ram.

For some years I own and use an old Nvidia Quadro card (K3100M) wich is very well designed for OpenGL rather than DirectX.

My questions is :

How your Creative Cloud software (PS, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc..) will run on a Pascal GTX 1080 card that, for what I know, is very well designed for DirectX rather than OpenGL ?

I will get bad performance using a GTX 1080 rather than a Quadro card ?

Or, for example, Photoshop's brush engine will run better and faster on GTX 1080 ?

Thanks for your help.

Marco (mkdm)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Depending on what you want to do... let me offer another option.

Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.  It should be cheaper now since Wacom released the new MobileStudio Pro.

I use a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2... and let me say... drawing on a screen on a mobile device that can run all the Adobe Produces as well as Microsoft really ROCKS!

I am also running a mic, web cam and second monitor off mine...  just to let you know how awesome it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on what you want to do... let me offer another option.

Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.  It should be cheaper now since Wacom released the new MobileStudio Pro.

I use a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2... and let me say... drawing on a screen on a mobile device that can run all the Adobe Produces as well as Microsoft really ROCKS!

I am also running a mic, web cam and second monitor off mine...  just to let you know how awesome it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines