• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP - Can't use/download After Effects anymore...

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I have a big problem with Adobe After Effects... I can't use it anymore since about a few days... When i deleted it and reinstalled, I had that error rapport :

Exit Code: 184

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeAfterEffects14AllTrial', version:14.2.0.199

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeAfterEffects14AllTrial Version: 14.2.0.199). Error code: '184'

WARN: adobe_caps.dll

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETRB5F0.tmp\1\universal\Professional\Support Files\32\adobe_caps.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\32\adobe_caps.dll" Error 32 Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me ! (sorry for my bad english ^^) Thanks all !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Resolved ! I finally tried to "manually" download an older version of After Effects (AE 2015), I ran it, it worked, then I tried to run AE 2017 again and it worked. I didn't understand why it worked haha but I'm very happy now. Thanks to Szalam for his useful help !

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried following the directions?

The easiest thing to do would be to run After Effects as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam.

First, thanks for your interest ! I'll test starting AE with this condition but before, I have to succeed download of AE ^^ (cf: error code on my first message). Have you any idea ?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, no problem

I just tried and I'll send you the rapport when the download will be finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, always the same error. I also tried delete %temp% files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've succeeded installing AE but when I run it, I can see the startup screen but no response...

Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved ! I finally tried to "manually" download an older version of After Effects (AE 2015), I ran it, it worked, then I tried to run AE 2017 again and it worked. I didn't understand why it worked haha but I'm very happy now. Thanks to Szalam for his useful help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines