• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*PLS HELP* 3d tracking trouble

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im having trouble with my 3d tracking. So, i hit track camera, and sometimes it gets stuck on "solving camera". If it gets past that, i right click my points and hit create null and camera, but am always met with the error "Unable to decompose matrix. (17:45)". However, it adds the camera. I never can get the null to add.

Specs:

Cpu: 6700k @ 4.6hz, 1.265v

Gpu: msi 970 x2 (+100 on core)

Ram: 16 gb corsair

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Use the Adobe Media Encoder to transcode your troublesome clip to a production codec (that is, to something like Cineform, DNxHD, ProRes, or QuickTime with the PNG codec). Then try running the camera tracker on that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you much without exact info about your comp, footage etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like framerate and stuff? Im new to AE i dont think i quite understand what your asking. Its at 59.94 fps and recorded in 1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets start off by defining some terms. After Effects does not have a 3D tracker, it has a camera tracker. Camera Tracking involves looking for detail in fixed geometry in the shot that is at different distances from the camera, then calculating the shift in parallax to recreate a virtual camera that moves in the same way the camera used to shoot the video was moving. Anything that is moving in the shot can cause problems with the calculations. The more things that are moving the more likely it is that you cannot get a solution when the software is solving the camera.

For example, a shot of a bunch of folks swimming in the ocean with nothing but water and swimmers in the shot cannot be solved because everything in the shot is moving. A shot of a huge crowd leaving a football stadium that does not include a lot of the stadium in the shot is going to be very difficult to solve because most of the detail in the shot is moving. There is nothing to measure. A shot following someone walking down the sidewalk on a city street may also be difficult to solve if the camera is perpendicular to the buildings because there is little or no perspective change in the shot because everything except the actor is on the same plane and there may be reflections in the windows that are moving in the wrong direction. A shot with a wide angle lens and a lot of distortion may be difficult or even impossible to solve because the Camera Tracker doesn't know that the edges are distorted.

Without seeing your shot we can only assume that it was not suitable for camera tracking or poorly planned. You need to do some studying on the subject and carefully plan and shoot shots that you intend camera track to insure that you have a successful solution.

I hope this helps. The search help field at the top right corner of AE is a good place to start looking for training on Camera Tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shots are of completely empty buildings inside a videogame that have no moving things at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videogame footage is notoriously difficult to track because the parallax is often not accurate.

Hopefully that's not the issue here though.

What format and codec is your footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format of each video is mp4, and idk what the codec is. Sorry im new to this lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Media Encoder to transcode your troublesome clip to a production codec (that is, to something like Cineform, DNxHD, ProRes, or QuickTime with the PNG codec). Then try running the camera tracker on that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i encoded both clips, and one worked thankfully. On the clip where it crashed upon "solving camera", i finally got it to show the track points, but now its giving me the same error of "Unable to decompose matrix. (17:45)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a straight move down a hallway, you can probably use Mocha to do what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have mocha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you do. Mocha AE comes included with After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh... lol ig thats an example of how much of a idiot i am with this kinda stuff. Anyways, i never got past that issue for the clip. i just am using a different video. Thanks for the help anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And both shots are simply going down a straight path. I have camera tracked multiple shots from this same game in the past, and using more complex camera movement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on one of the scenes, it crashed a few seconds after it says solving camera. Every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines