• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WIN10 Creators Update is incompatible with Photoshop Elements 11 & 12, maybe 15

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the WIN10 CU is incompatible with Photoshop Elements 11.  After installing the CU, the editor's pull down menus are blank and the editor program crashes.  See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2303426  This thread is marked SOLVED.  However, it is NOT.  There has been no response to numerous forum posts from either Adobe or Microsoft.  It is unclear if PSE15 is compatible with WIN10 CU.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leroykl

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums.

Please try the solution mentioned in this link​ . Please let us know if it resolves the issue

Regards

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neeraj, I tried the solutions at the suggested link.  Unfortunately, neither technique worked to correct the blank dropdown menus in the PSE 11 Editor module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets try the below mentioned steps to reset Preferences & see if it resolves the issue.

How to reset Photoshop Elements preferences (In Windows):

1. First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons
  2. Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photo editor. Photoshop Elements editor loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.

Regards
Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neeraj, I already have done a preference reset.  Unfortunately, it did not cure the blank pulldown menu problem with the Photo Editor of PSE 11. Leroy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements 11. Attempted these solutions none worked.  Also completely uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled PE11.  Didn't work.

Menus gone after Windows 10 update for a long time but reappeared a few weeks ago.  Was working fine until attempted to boot up this morning.

All client work is down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leroykl,

Thank for posting in Adobe forums.

I understand you are facing issue in Elements after installing Windows 10 Creators Update.

Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 update KB4016240 (Build 15063.250) that attempts to fix most of the common issues faced by users who upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update. While no new features are being added in this update several other issues have been addressed. Issues related to VMs connectivity while provisioning IP addresses are solved so are the issues with RemoteRing Configuration Service.

You can try to find this update by this link.

Hope this works

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dhananjay, I installed the KB4016240 update last Tuesday.  I have reviewed my update history to verify that it was successfully installed.  Unfortunately, the update did not cure the blank pull down menus in the Photo Editor of PSE 11. 

FYI, the fonts in the Organizer module of PSE11 were too small to read.  I was able to fix Organizer's pulldowns by setting its preferences to use System Fonts.  Also, pull down menus in Premiere Elements 11 are fine.

Regards,

Leroy Latta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I took a look at the Event Viewer.  It includes many instances of the following 2 errors:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          4/29/2017 9:31:52 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      MY-PRECIOUS-2

Description:

Faulting application name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x503fe13a

Faulting module name: AXEDOMCore.dll, version: 3.3.402.1, time stamp: 0x45f081f6

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0005d9b1

Faulting process id: 0x3d48

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c10e66fdff29

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\AXEDOMCore.dll

Report Id: 332170c5-c70e-48ee-b45b-436a21e52a8d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-29T17:31:52.408682700Z" />

<EventRecordID>8378</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>MY-PRECIOUS-2</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>11.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>503fe13a</Data>

<Data>AXEDOMCore.dll</Data>

<Data>3.3.402.1</Data>

<Data>45f081f6</Data>

<Data>40000015</Data>

<Data>0005d9b1</Data>

<Data>3d48</Data>

<Data>01d2c10e66fdff29</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\AXEDOMCore.dll</Data>

<Data>332170c5-c70e-48ee-b45b-436a21e52a8d</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Also --

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          4/30/2017 11:24:49 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      MY-PRECIOUS-2

Description:

Faulting application name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x503fe13a

Faulting module name: SelectivePalette.8li, version: 2.1.28.12, time stamp: 0x559fb96b

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000d9e3

Faulting process id: 0x5d24

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c1e7464c1e80

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins\Google\Selective Tool\SelectivePalette.8li

Report Id: 34a993d1-e7c0-4438-849f-905627290997

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-30T19:24:49.315703600Z" />

<EventRecordID>8623</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>MY-PRECIOUS-2</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>11.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>503fe13a</Data>

<Data>SelectivePalette.8li</Data>

<Data>2.1.28.12</Data>

<Data>559fb96b</Data>

<Data>c000041d</Data>

<Data>0000d9e3</Data>

<Data>5d24</Data>

<Data>01d2c1e7464c1e80</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Plug-Ins\Google\Selective Tool\SelectivePalette.8li</Data>

<Data>34a993d1-e7c0-4438-849f-905627290997</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with Photoshop Elements 10. Adobe Premiere Elements 10 does not have this menu-issue. It is very annoying because the app cannot be used at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem since I updated Win10 to the Creators Update (Windows Version 1703, Built 15063.413). All other Apps are working fine including LR6, Dreamweaver 5.5, PS CS2 and surprisingly Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

When starting PSE12 (only the Editor!) the Welcome-Screen is only a very small area, black without any signs, letters etc. When PSE starts the normal window there is no letter, no word to be seen, the buttons on top are empty, only the main menue shows the normal commands in the headline. The pull-down-menues are only a small frame without any letter or word visible. The commands are clickable, but the window that opens has no signs, letters, words. After some time the program shuts down with an error.

There must be a problem problably with the system font. Was it changed by Microsoft with this update? On the internet I found several persons having the same trouble but no solution.

My PSE 12 is registered and I want to use it as well as before the Win-Update. Up to now I don't want to change my workflow to other tools. So please help me / us.

Rgds.

Holger Jorek, Bremen / Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to use photoshop elements either since the  Microsoft creator update.  Caved in and bought elements 15 today because it is crucial to our business.  Adobe should be ashamed of themselves for not offering a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only updates current versions of their software. Are you suggesting Adobe should update every version of every piece of software they have ever sold to be compatible with every new OS? Since we’re up to Elements 15, then would you be willing to spend 15 times as much when you bought a version or what are you suggesting Adobe is to be ashamed of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear "ssprengel"!

I understand your argument very well that Adobe is unable to update every product ever produced to the newest specifications. So I do accept that my CS2-Suite works with Win10 not properly every time. It's o.k. for me with this ancient software. My PSE12 is an old software too, so I decided as "garyb..." to update to the current version that fits my demands in combination with LR6. I just waited for a firm confirmation that PSE15 works fine with Win10CU. As I read it several times I will purchase one, so everything will be fine henceforward.

The reason I write these lines is that I would appreciate other words from an Adobe Professional explaining their customers that

- it is not a fault of Adobe

- Adobe has no influence on Microsoft with their Win10CU

- and that Adobe cannot guarantee a lifetime update for every software version ever produced.

I think that could be expected from the Customer Relationship Management staff of a worldwide recognised software producer. O.k. I have to admit that the words "Adobe should be ashamed" are also not the right ones.

Don't be mad about my words, but I worked in CRM too long to let your comment unremarked.

Rgds.

Holger Jorek

Bremen/Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for the problem which is caused by Microsoft Win 10-CU:

I copied ALL FONTS from the Windows folder of an "old" Windows 10 PC via USB stick to the PC with CU (Creators Update) / "no overwriting".

Only a few of the great number of fonts have been copied - but the fonts needed by PSE 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, .... were included.

Now it works - even after several reboots. I think it will also operate with the Windows 7 fonts.

Problem with Win 10-CU seems to be that most of the fonts used by Adobe Products have automatically been deleted!

(Thanks to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Georg, sounds promising.

Does anyone have an idea if these old fonts can still be downloaded somewhere? Unfortunately I do not have access to older Windows versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I uploaded Georg's file to the we-Service (I hope he don't mind that). There you can download it the next seven days. CLICK HERE.

Rgds.

Holger Jorek, Bremen/Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded these older fonts, and copied them into my Windows Font folder, making sure I did not replace any duplicates.  My Elements 11 Editor is still not working, in that the menu items are blanked out. I rebooted my PC just to make sure, and zip, zero, nada.  I was able to get the Organizer working my changing the preferences and renaming any .tif files to .jpeg.  But the Editor is still not working. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MUST be sure you have installed ALL WIN10 UPDATES which followed the CU,

There were about 4 updates from Microsoft in late May and June. One of them

will help you with PSE-11.

It’s still working without problem since I updated the Win10-CU.

The solution seems to be the updates, not only the missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A NEW problem with Win10-CU occurs today - only with PSE 9:

Yesterday the program runs without problem, today an error message occurs

"... hardware problem ... cannot be solved ...".

Solution: you must uninstall the KB4025342 Update from Microsoft, then reboot, and PSE9 runs again without error!

Regards from Cologne

Georg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied all the missing former Windows-10-fonts into the Windows-fonts-folder to run Photoshop Elements 11. It worked once and after rebooting it was like before: No orders in the menus. My understanding for this has its limits at the moment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, as I already mentioned above I bought the version 15 and installed it on my desktop PC and everything works fine, better than with version 12.

But: yesterday I set up my wife's very new HP-notebook. Win10 was pre-installed already, the updates took about 4 or 5 hours, so I can say, it was a clean installation of the current Win10. Then I tested to install PSE 12 on it and amazingly the program works without any other changes! Also after some restarts.

Please do not ask me for the reason - I don't know. Just to inform you.

Kind regards

Holger Jorek / Bremen-Germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray to georg_58 for the only solution that has helped me so far

I have PSE10 (and 3-4 older versions) and tried many of the suggestions in this thread (and others) but none of them solved the problem till I replaced the Windows Fonts.

In my case I first saved my Windows\Fonts folder elsewhere (just in case).

I then copied the Windows\Fonts folder from a Windows 7-64 Pro machine into another folder.

I then copied that folder onto the Windows\Fonts folder on my Windows 10-64 Pro machine taking care not to replace any existing Fonts.

Initially it did not work but after a re-boot, the PSE10 Editor Menus are back to normal.  I'm not sure which Font files were important since before the copy I had 547 items and after I had 746 items.  Everything else in Windows seems to be working fine so far.  I'm not sure how long it will stick, but it gets me past this point.

I would say to Adobe that since this seems to be a simple matter of replacing Font files, take a few minutes to post the right list of Font files and let us move on.  Why take the heat for Microsoft and why not show some loyalty for your existing customer base?  We'll all upgrade eventually anyway, why make it an unpleasant experience?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying the fonts from an "un-updated" Windows 10 PC and pasting into my Creators Update machine solved the blank dropdown menu problem completely with my Photoshop elements 10, so huge thanks, you wonderful people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines