• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing loses chronological order of Images

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is my first posting of a question. I'm using a windows 7 os desktop computer with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.10 release. I have just started with Lightroom by importing 3,500 images that were in a folder tree 3 levels deep that has one main folder, then 2 first level sub folders, then 3 subfolders in each of those 2, then 2 more subfolders in each of those 3. There are only images in the most bottom level folders (12 folders). The number of images in these 12 subfolders range between 30 and 960. After importing, the images are no longer in any chronological order. Why did it lose the chronological order of the images? This is extremely necessary to be maintained for many reasons; especially for uploading to my website. What steps if any did I miss upon import or what can I do now to correct the order?

Thank you to anyone who may be able to answer these questions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Ok...

I the Library Module with the Grid view where you see the thumbnails, what do you see in the "Sort" order in the Tool Bar??

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.56.45 PM.png

This example is set to Added Order... ensure yours is set to Capture Time..

It you cannot see the Tool Bar, the T key will reveal/hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...

I the Library Module with the Grid view where you see the thumbnails, what do you see in the "Sort" order in the Tool Bar??

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 5.56.45 PM.png

This example is set to Added Order... ensure yours is set to Capture Time..

It you cannot see the Tool Bar, the T key will reveal/hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh thank you Geoff. That was the right place to fix my problem. I needed to use the 'File Name' option . All my images are the image numbers the camera creates with the prefix removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines