• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 Importing from an iPhone 7 NIGHTMARE

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been an OSX Aperture user for a number of years, but switched to Light Room 6 when Aperture went eol.

On OSX, LightRoom behaved well, but since switching to Windows 10, I have found it to be a nightmare as far as importing is concerned. I am currently running a trail of LR6 on my Windows system.

If I connect my iPhone 7 and open LR6 then select import, and select the iPhone as the source, after some loading, what I am presented with is a garbled selection of un-ordered images, videos and iPhone Live View files from my phone.

I believe that the Live View files are the ones which are shown as "Preview unavailable for this file" - very unhelpful as I have no clue which pictures these short videos are linked to.

I have tried using the top bar and changing from 'All Photos' to 'New Photos; to 'Destination Folders', it makes no change. The preview images are muddled and all over the place.

Towards the bottom of the import screen, there is a 'Sort' option. It doesn't matter if I select:

Capture Time,

Checked State,

File Name,

Media Type or 'Off' the files are still all over the place.

As you can imagine, if I have recently taken a set of images, it is really disorganised and unhelpful to have the images randomly mixed with all of the others I have taken on the device. I am sure this is caused by the filing system on an iOS device, but I find it really quite frustrating that a large company like Adobe is not able to make it easier to import images from one of the most popular phones on the market.

Is there ANY way I can resolve this issue? If not, sadly, I will not be renewing my subscription with Adobe and will look to use alternative options.

For my Windows system, I was running LR6 on a trial. It is now showing CC 2015.10 [1111918]. Adobe Application Manager reports that this software is fully updated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi talksr,

Please refer the below discussion related to the same issue.

You may need to grant access to your iPhone from your windows machine.

lightroom import from iphone 6 no longer

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines