• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Serial Number

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install LR 2 with serial number.  I do not have the serial number for LR 1.  How can I install without it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install without the serial number. If you still have record of where you purchased you may be able to locate the serial number with Adobe's help via Chat or Support on the phone,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried support.  Was on for ages, abruptly cut off with this message:

you have an old product, this issue can only be resolved at forums, so please visit forums. Our expert will provide you resolution as soon as possible.

3:51:30 PM

MohammadKhurshid Alam:

Please visit Adobe User Forums at http://www.adobe.com/support/forums

3:51:34 PM

MohammadKhurshid Alam:

thank you for contacting adobe, we are available 24*7. Goodbye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was LR 1 ever installed on the computer? If so, there is a way to find the serial number.

On Windows, go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom, then open the file Lightroom 1.0 Registration.lrreg in a text editor, and you will find the serial number.

If you're on a Mac, a Mac user can hopefully tell you the location of this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 1.4 but I don't see that file.

I have all versions up to 3.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 3.6 why are you trying to install Lr2.  Install 3.6 and use the serial numbers from Lr2 and Lr3 when it asks for previous and upgrade serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have the disc for LR 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple fact is if you have a serial number for LR 2 that is an upgrade version you need a previous version serial number to use that LR 2 serial number. Since there is only 1 previous version of LR, LR 1, you will need that number. If you don't have it (which you should of made a record of it) then you can't install LR 2.

You can use that LR 2 serial number to install any upgrade copy of newer LR versions. LR 3, 4, 5, or even LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines