• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mysterious Dual Monitor - Odd Timeline Scrolling Behavior

Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try my best to keep this simple. I have a PC with Windows 10 and a GTX 970 GPU, plus two monitors - An ASUS PB287Q 4k Monitor and a 2nd 21:9 LG Ultrawide Monitor (which I used for my timeline only).

When I restart my computer and open up Premiere CC17 and then set my workspace to have the timeline appear in the 2nd 21:9 monitor, things (in Premiere Pro Timeline only) don't scroll like they should (all other apps/browser work fine and scroll as normal). Normally you'd hover over the audio tracks anywhere on the timeline and if you scrolled up or down with your mouse the audio tracks would move up or down, right? Same with video tracks. But in my projects, in order to scroll up or down in the audio tracks I have to hover over the far left side of the VIDEO tracks (maybe around video track 2 or 3) and THEN the audio tracks will scroll. Go a bit higher up to maybe video track 3 or 4 on the left side of the timeline and then the video tracks scroll up and down. Scrolling left and right acts normally. If you scroll up or down anywhere else on the timeline, nothing happens. Strange!!

I have found a workaround which I"ve been doing for months now. I have to open up display properties on my PC, click on the 4k monitor and change the resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080. Hit apply. Then I go to the scaling and dial it down from 200% to the "recommended" 150%. Then I sign out. Sign back in, return things back to 200% and 3840x2160 and open Premiere and everything works as normal on the timeline on the 2nd monitor...and that lasts until I restart my computer or sign out again. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Does anyone have any idea whats causing this? And if so, any ideas on how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the right forum for this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again. Any ideas? Does my original post make sense? Hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it a GPU issue? Is it a 21:9 monitor thing? Should I maybe re-post this in the general Premiere forum instead of hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines