• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling 1:1 previews when Exporting with "Add to this Catalog"?

Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when exporting batch of files with "Add to this Catalog" checked it works, but for exported every file there is a new task generating 1:1 preview (or so it announces in the top left corner). This is unnecessary and it is slowing down the export. Is it possible to turn it off? So far, I haven't found a setting that would have any effect on this

Thanks for any advice!
Vit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add to this catalog uses a hidden import dialog. So if you have the option to create 1:1 preview on regular imports that is what it is doing.

Do an import and select Standard preview and that will set it for add to catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I forgot to mention to mention that I have tried exactly this approach without any luck. Just to be sure, I tested it now on the latest LR 2015.10 (Win10) with import and previews set to minimal. Then after running export with Add to Catalog, the LR still builds 1:1 previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you actually do an import with it set to minimal? For that setting to stick you have to do an import.

Also try restarting LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did a real import of a single photo. Now if I open the Import dialog, the "Minimal" setting is there as a default.

Good tip about the restart, I have not thought about that. But after restart the behaviour is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines