Participant ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CC apps up to date (spring 2017)

Win 10 64b

No problem in the previous version

When I create un c4d file from Ae, the application loads but when I click on a menu, it expands normally and disappears immediately when I release the button of my mouse!... Impossible to work with.

I uninstalled Ae and re-install it with no change.

Of course, this problem occurs only with C4D.

Thanks for your help.

pjgodier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

This is fixable, go into your C4D preferences, to the imput devices section, and make sure Graphics Tablet is checked, but Hi_Res Tablet is unchecked. It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!

Unfortunately c4d doesn't recognize my wacom Intuos5 tablet (nor with a mouse nor with a pencil)!

If I use a standard mouse it works!

Unbeliveable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixable, go into your C4D preferences, to the imput devices section, and make sure Graphics Tablet is checked, but Hi_Res Tablet is unchecked. It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Took me a minute to get things working when I first installed Cinema 4D too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I'm a newbie in Ae & C4D

I tried to import a 3D object from Ps to Ae by C4D. What a pain!

I export my Ps object as an .obj and .dae fil and import it in C4D with problem on textures...

And when I save my C4D file and try to make a comp in Ae with it, the 3D is disabled...

I really don't understand what is the problem behind that.

Regards.

pjgodier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're just starting out in After Effects, I wouldn't recommend jumping into C4D right away too. After Effects is the most complicated software Adobe makes; you can't learn it by poking around like you can with Photoshop. It's usually recommended to take a couple of months to learn the basic, foundational things first. (Use a reliable source and not just random YouTube videos.)

And Cinema 4D is magnitudes more complicated than AE!

That being said, when you're ready, if you want a good, easy course on using Cinema 4D Lite, I highly recommend this series on Cineversity. You just need to sign up for a free account. It's done by one of my favorite Cinema 4D trainers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.

I've already created some simple project in AE and followed some courses in C4D but here is several years...

For the moment the thing I don't understand is the fact that a 3D object in a .C4D file (with textures aso) can't be viewed in Ae in 3D!...

The command "3D layer" ins greyed in AE.

Where is my mistake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects is not a true 3d app. The Cineware effect that it is using to render your C4D scene is just an effect on a 2d layer. There are many things like this. Third-party plugins like Element, Lux, Particular, Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator, etc. and native plugins like CC Particle World all render very nice 3d effects. They even interact with After Effects' lights and cameras. But they all must be applied to 2d layers because it is just rendering a 3d-looking image on a 2d solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines