• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import PNG with transparency

Engaged ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that PS does not import PNG with transparent backgrounds.  Is there a plug in to import PNG files with transparent background or do I have to hand paint to create a transparent background?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

When you say import, how are you bringing them into Photoshop?  You can't drag or paste a PNG from a website, for instance.  You have to save it from the website with its .png extension, and load or place in Photoshop.  If the PNG file has transparency, Photoshop will honour it if brought in that way.

The give away is if you drag or paste and it comes in with a black background.  That means the file almost certainly has a transparent background and will work if you load or place it from your hard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say import, how are you bringing them into Photoshop?  You can't drag or paste a PNG from a website, for instance.  You have to save it from the website with its .png extension, and load or place in Photoshop.  If the PNG file has transparency, Photoshop will honour it if brought in that way.

The give away is if you drag or paste and it comes in with a black background.  That means the file almost certainly has a transparent background and will work if you load or place it from your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I would like ask how to make circle(or elipse) in middle transparent? I need export png with hole.

Thanks

Vlado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines