• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open project was cancelled or application was unable to load database for <pathname>

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pc is installed with Robohelp 3x. Recently I shifted the pc from one room to anther. Now when I attempt to open my existing workable solution, it give me the following message: "Open project was canceled or application was unable to load database for <pathname>". Do I need to call for Robohelp technical support? If yes, can someone provide me the toll free number?

Can someone pls advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the article on my site Opening Projects.

I am assuming in this scenario the project is on the hard disk.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is not valid. Could you provide me with the correct link?
Yes. It is on my harddisk. I was previously able to open the solution (last week). This week when I tried to open it again, it throws me the message. The only difference I notice is i've shifted my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is valid. I just tested it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on to Robohelp menu > Opening RoboHelp projects
( http://www.grainge.org/menu/pages/authoring/opening/opening_projects.htm) but the link says page cannot be found. Can you provide me with the url?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the RoboHelp menu and then Opening Projects, the topic opens.

The path is
http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/opening/opening_projects.htm

I don't see how you can be getting a different path.

Go to the Home Page of the site please. Does the heading end with a full stop (period)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, managed to get in through the link you've given. I seriously doubt it has anything gotta do with a corrupted project. I have 2 working projects last week but they can no longer be opened this week.

I tried even to created an empty project from scratch. It was created successfully but when I reopen the project, it shows the same error message.

Could there have been other possibilities or ways which I can troubleshoot?

*puzzled*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen situations where people cannot create a new project but I don't think I have seen it where they can create but immediately not reopen.

It's possible the hard disk took a knock but I would expect that to be more obvious with other programs being affected.

The only other suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall.

X3 is out of support so I don't think Adobe Support will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh no.... i'm gonna tear my hair!
Anyway, thank you for advice. Appreciate your quick responses. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No harm in asking them. Post back if you think there is anything I can help on and if you find a better solution.

See if RH for Word opens. Might fool the elves into letting RH HTML work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp