• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS3 will not open iPhoto images on new iMac

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had to replace an older (about 8 years) iMac after it "went to God"... Fortunately it was not the hard drive that died, so all, including my large accumulation of Natural History images was saved.  I use a Nikon 3200 and an old Nikon 500mm Mirror Lens, a totally manual unit where I have to estimate shutter speeds (aperture is fixed) so all need some adjustment.  The process I use has been to open iPhoto, select the relevant Event, then open Photoshop.  I go to "Open" then select "Photos" on the drop down menu, which used to open the entire Event as small images, then double click on the one I wanted to work on.  It was a simple and quick procedure, allowing me to either Save (in iPhoto), or "Save As" to another File. 

The new computer has some changes, iPhoto is now called Photos, and even though all my old iPhoto Images have been reloaded, I can no longer open either the older iPhoto Images, or the newer ones uploaded to Photos.

Can anyone please help with this glitch...??  Please......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

The other way in Photos is to use File>Export>Unmodified Original

Then open the exported photo into photoshop cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, sort out your backups. Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is safely backed up in a separate Seagate Hard Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other way in Photos is to use File>Export>Unmodified Original

Then open the exported photo into photoshop cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this suggestion, it looks pretty much exactly what I was looking for, rather than trying to totally step backwards and try to get Snow Leopard installed rather than this El Capitan program. I love using the computer, but am no great “Techie”, so will see if I can get this downloaded and installed correctly. Will advise in due course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried, for a start, the File>Export route…. it involves another step, but works well too! Thank you so very much, now I am back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want an easy way, it would be to use this extension for Photos in which one can add Photoshop to a list as an external editor.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/external-editors-for-photos/id1074021862?mt=12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines