• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same plugin with same version loading in some systems and some system giving error message............

Engaged ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friends,

I am using Illustrator CC 2015 (version 19.2.1).

I create a plugin for 64 bit system named is ResizeArt.aip.

I putting this plugin in this path

In some system its loading and working properly.

But In some system with the same version of illustrator  it's giving error message like this

Only difference in both system is one system has the Visual studio 2013 (developed plugin version ) plugin working with this system and other system has no Visual studio installed with this not Visual studio 2013 installed.

so I am stuck why it's not working with other system ?

so Please assist me.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kundan,

You could try installing the Visual Studio 2013 runtime on the machine on which plugin is not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, compile your plugin using the static versions of the runtime libraries so you don't need to worry about installing the runtime dlls on other machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LeoTaro,

Some DLL files(msvcr120d.dll , msvcp120d.dll) are missing into the other system thats why it's was giving

that error message after putting these files on this path C:\Windows\System32

the not showing error message and showing and working the plugin in ai cc 2015 (version 19.2.1) properly.

Regards

Kundan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those are the microsoft runtime dlls. If you build your plugin with the dll version of the runtime libraries, you will need to install these on any machine that doesn't already have them (you should use the microsoft runtime installer rather than copying them manually). If you build your plugin using the static version of the runtime libraries, you don't need to worry about these dlls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kundan,

The dlls that you've mentioned as missing are debug versions (notice the 'd' at the end of the dll names).

Are you using the debug version of the plugin? Or perhaps you are linking with some component that has been compiled for the debug configuration?

You shouldn't see this if you use the release configuration.

Thanks,

Akhil Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akhil and LeoTaro,

I am trying to do same as you suggest LeoTaro , then I will update here.

Regards

Kundan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello LeoTaro,

I try to compile plugin as static version of runtime library , but problem is still same.

so Please assist me.

Regards

Kundan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply LeoTaro,

I tried to compile plugin as static as you suggest but it didn't work i mentioned above .

When I copied and paste both dll manually then it's working.

It may be possibe I can do anything wrong with static compile , but now after copied It's working.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reply Akhil,

Yes, I am using the debug version of plugin.

Regards

Kundan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines