• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Lights are not working properly.

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects CS6 and i have created a 3D scene in E3D with 12 Spot lights in a row to light up 6 blocks on a rail, but when i activate the spot lights for the 5th block the lights on 1st block goes off when i do it for 6th then the lights on 2nd block goes off and Vice versa. 

Please Help ...Really Urjent

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

There's nothing wrong. Your graphics hardware apparently simply doesn't support more lights. These are inherent limitations in OpenGL. Only getting a more powerful GPU will solve the issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong. Your graphics hardware apparently simply doesn't support more lights. These are inherent limitations in OpenGL. Only getting a more powerful GPU will solve the issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a limitation on the number of lights in Element 3D.  You seem to have reached it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E3D supports up to 16 lights, so there's room to spare. It really comes down to the hardware.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks For the Help Sir, I am using I7 6700 Pro & Quadro 7000 GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card was actually installed in Opti plex 7000 , but i am using it separately so it is Quadro 6000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a fairly old card. As Mylenium says, you'll likely need to upgrade. OR render the two parts of the scene separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines