• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant see my files in external drive through Lr although I can see that the files are still there through windows explorer......

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I cant see the file(pictures) or any of its directory in my external hard drive when i open Lr. Lr is not reading the files and directories.   But the files are in the external  hard drive when I look at them through Windows Explorer.

Does it have anything to do with my updating of Lr to 6.10 this same morning?  Kindly help as I have really looked for how to recover them in Lr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing in the Library Panel Folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under TIMS PHOTO LIBRARY it should show up all the different directories and folders. but now its only showing a very old folder that i have on archive with only 61 pictures. It should be around 16k pictures in there all in respective folders. It should be the same as what i have on my E drive.

Best regards

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have an older Catalog file open. Lightroom can only have one opened at a time.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timlua  wrote

Somehow I cant see the file(pictures) or any of its directory in my external hard drive when i open Lr. Lr is not reading the files and directories.   But the files are in the external  hard drive when I look at them through Windows Explorer.

Does it have anything to do with my updating of Lr to 6.10 this same morning?  Kindly help as I have really looked for how to recover them in Lr.

Lightroom is not a file browser like Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, so Lightroom does not have to "see" files on your external drive. That's not how Lightroom works.

What do you mean by "Lr is not reading the files and directories"? What Lightroom function are you talking about here? What do you see in Lightroom? Show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under LIBRARY... the left module... it should show all my directories. but its only showing the name of the drive and nothing else.

Best regards

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines