• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression Error

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For hours i have been trying to take of a red x of an after effect project i was trying to render. Then i finally found the expression error. Been trying to see how to fix this for so long any help will be appreciated.

2017-05-04 (1).png

help.PNG2017-05-04.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the X is because your plugin is not registered so it is on "trial" mode. this you have to fix through the effect controls when you have the effect selected. the expression error is telling you exactly what's wrong (some of the time its more difficult to understand). it is pointing you to the layer is using the code (named "flares) and that code is referencing a property that does not exist in the layer "effects". you should check the "effects" layer and see where that property is or relink to the right property.

expression errors have significantly improved since CC2015 (it wasn't always easy to find a missing expression) and when you get the orange bar, you can just click on the magnifying glass icon at the right of the orange warning bar and go straight to the expression that's causing the problem (from where ever you are!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I looked into what you said. The only problem was that I couldn't find the effect it says it was missing. When I looked closer I found out that the effect that is missing was written in french. So maybe that's why it says the effect was missing. Do you have an idea on how to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha. in the "effect" layer you should see different parameters when you open the effect controls panel. look for the one named "curseur" and change it to... "Slider" maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AJN,

Did Roei's advice get you to the finish line? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi friend,

I have solved this problem.

But the reason may not be the same.

Here is the solution.

When i search my project file.

I just found two identical compositions with the same name.

When I change one of the names.

The err just be gone.

Hope it help.

have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines