• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword total pictures

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Library next to every keyword is a number, which I thought was the total number of pictures with that keyword.  When I click on that number the pictures come up.  After unstacking, many of the keywords don’t contain as many pictures as the number indicates.  What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Are you stating that you KNOW the photos are unstacked? If so, I'm very skeptical that anyone can know this. In a different thread, we ran into this problem and the user had accidentally stacked his photos, without realizing it.

What I am asking you to do is to actually execute the menu command Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a filter turned on (other than the keyword selection)?

On the left side, are you in a collection? are you in a Publish Service? are you in a folder? Or do you have All Photographs selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides keyword no other filters are turned on.  I am not in a collection, publish service or a folder.  I am in my one catalog which I call “All Photographs”, there are 16,392 photos in my Catalog and no pictures are missing with broken links. There are also no subfolders in my Keyword section. I have only been using Lightroom for about a month.  It’s probably something I did but I am just not sure what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post a full-resolution screenshot showing All Photographs selected, the Keyword column of the Library Filter bar, the Keyword List panel, and the film strip, as shown below.  That could give clues as to what's going on:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, another possibility that could affect the counting of photos is stacking ... you have to turn off all stacks using Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all photos are unstacked.

In a message dated 5/4/2017 6:53:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

Keyword total pictures

created by djpaige_ (https://forums.adobe.com/people/dj_paige) in

Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

(https://forums.adobe.com/message/9494909#9494909)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you stating that you KNOW the photos are unstacked? If so, I'm very skeptical that anyone can know this. In a different thread, we ran into this problem and the user had accidentally stacked his photos, without realizing it.

What I am asking you to do is to actually execute the menu command Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was positive that I had unstacked everything before, but you are right.  I followed your instructions and all the photos are now there.

I am an idiot!

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As can be seen, my keyword “Small Group” shows 5 to the right of the keyword, but only 2 pictures show. By the way, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem. I have a large number of nested keywords. For example I have location/United States (and then a subset for each state in which I have taken pix. "United States" shows that it is attached to 4 photos, yet the keyword for California alone indicates that I have over 1100 photos with that keyword. I am not sure that is is a problem but it offends my type A sensibilities. Any thoughts? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are four photos which have been explicitly assigned the keyword United States. The 1100 photos with keyword California do not explicitly have the keyword United States assigned to it. Not sure why this is a problem, and not sure what your desired solution is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, I am not sure it is a problem (at least in and of itself). I understood that the number next to a keyword showed the total number of pix assigned that keyword and every other keyword below that in a hierarchical format. If I have "Month" as a top level keyword, with each month a separate level keyword and I have 5 pix in January and 10 in May, I expect Month to show "15" even though I haven't specifically assigned "Month" to any photo. It seems to work that way in the left hand panel in Library mode. No big deal, but if the program should show 15 next to month and it doesn't then something, maybe minor, is wrong with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines