• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding videos from file explorer/Moving files from sd card to external hard drive

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I drag video from my sd card in file explorer onto a project?? Also If I had started a project with files from a sd card, copied those to a external hard drive and deleted the clips that were on the sd card would the video project say the files are missing? If so could I just find them and tell it they are on my hard drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have your media files on your computer's hard drive in order to import them into your project.

Move your video files to your hard drive first, then you can use Add Media/From Files and Folders to locate the files and import them into your project.

Part 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials shows you how to add media to your project.

*** Basic Training for Premiere Elements ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines