Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone please tell me what settings to apply prior to exporting my file so that the PDF I create can be opened outside of a web browser?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

unfortunately it is impossible (nor InDesign, nor another soft can't do this). User needs to specify on his PC default PDF-reader, and sometime needs to check settings in browser too for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re going to need to explain that a bit better. Any settings you use will have nothing to do with what application a PDF opens in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately it is impossible (nor InDesign, nor another soft can't do this). User needs to specify on his PC default PDF-reader, and sometime needs to check settings in browser too for this.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I have is that the person I am going to email this PDF to is not very computer savvy and she lives miles away. I suppose I could try emailing to myself to see what I come up against. It is embarrassing when you email something out to someone and they can't access it - especially when you don't know them too well. There are millions of PDF documents all over the internet and I've never had a problem using any of them - you just download Adobe Acrobat and away you go, how are these set? I have another email account as well so I'll try emailing them between them to see what happens at the email the document is received at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then again my computer will be able to read it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, this is what I wanted to know.

How do I open a PDF in Acrobat instead of the browser?

Thanks to everyone who commented. I hope that it's what I wanted to know. I'll find out when I get home from work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I set up InDesign to export the file I will have to look more carefully at the check box settings to see if there are options that must be applied for this to happen though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines