• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering custom size movie for web

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a composition of 1500 x 643. I need this format for a moviebanner in a website. My assets are in 4K, very good quality. I can render it as an AVI, best quality. Then it's almost 4 GB for 30 seconds. When I choose H264, it has problems with framerate and the size (it resizes, ...). What do I have to choose as render settings to have a good quality movie (+30mb? instead of 4Gb), for web with my custom size? I use After Effects CS5.

I can find a lot of renderingsettings, but for the web it's almost with H264 and then I have problems with the dimensions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

I see. so we got Webm and Ogg. how about converting your file to Quicktime animation, then trying a converter for these formats to see it that works? try this thread: Exporting for HTML 5 video (.webm & .ogg)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, bad news for you: You started off at the horse's rear end. Sorry, this will never work. All H.264 output is tied to multiples of 2 due to how the compression works. Everything else is really beside the point. Even a 30 MB banner is utter rubbish for mobile users and I wouldn't even want such an annoyance in my browser on a stationary computer. You have odd (wrong) priorities here. That aside feel free to experiment with web video formats H.264, Ogg, VP9, but realyl, it might be more useful to consider if any of this is realyl necessary. It's bad for SEO and will tunr users away from your web site rather than reel them in.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no possibility? We have alreader solutions for the mobile users and SEO..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might want to try other codecs. how many seconds is the banner? is it graphics or video? can you upload it so I can run some tests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the whole project?

It's around 40 seconds. I will try other codes, if it's compatible with HTML5 Video ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. so we got Webm and Ogg. how about converting your file to Quicktime animation, then trying a converter for these formats to see it that works? try this thread: Exporting for HTML 5 video (.webm & .ogg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines