• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type "into" character styles in InDesign 2017

Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest iteration of indesign 2017 on an iMac running El Capitan. When I turn on a character style (e.g., bold), I am "locked out" and can't type any text. I can however type text, select it, and then apply a character style. I can also turn on a character style and type in that style using Story Editor. It is quite annoying not to be able to select the style first and then type in it. Any insights? MUCH appreciated.

Nita

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think styles have changed in InDesign CC2017. Do you have any problems with Paragraph Styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, yes! Hadn't noticed because I had been pasting, not typing, into paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From which application you are copying the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Word. But the issue isn't in the copying. The problem arises when I try to type in InDesign. Except I just tried today, and there was no problem. I am mystified, but gratified, that all seems to be ok now. Very weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines