• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop desktop and menus not showing up

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start up Photoshop on my mac. The programs seems to start normally. However I never see a splash screen and the Photoshop desktop and side menus never appears. The only thing I get is the mac menu bar along the top of my screen says Photoshop and all the high level menus. Here I can click on any of the drop down and it seems to do stuff but nothing shows up on my screen. Like doing a file new will shade all the items in the menus gray and unclickable. At this point all I can do is hit escape right away and options in the menus are clickable again. I've tried resetting the Photoshop preferences.  By using option, command, shift then starting the program. The program seems to hang when the dialog should appear asking if I want to reset preferences. But no dialog box shows up on the screen. If I hit the enter key the program continues to start up and I'm left with just the menu bar at the top of the screen. The only way I've been able to get Photoshop to open normally is when I restart my mac in safe mode holding down the shift on restarting the computer. I've gone through all the menus and tried changing setting or reset setting. But when I start normally it's back to how it was before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop multiple times in different ways, even downgrading the program. I've read it might be a plug-in so I have removed all non Photoshop plug ins. The interesting thing, is when I turn the "workspace" to "Photography" a Tool Presets menu does appear floating alone on my screen. So it seems like everything is there just not showing up on screen. Adobe try starting in 32 bit mode. That not on the new version for mac computers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

I did almost everything you said except deleting all the other CC apps. (I figure that was last resort.) However, I think I might of fixed it. I was the only account on the computer so I went and created a new account on my computer and logged into that account. Then opened up Photoshop and it opened normally. So I logged off that account and opened up my regular account and Photoshop opened normally. Not sure how that made a difference, but hopefully it keeps working wright now. Thanks for your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences by deleting the preference files -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you said you were unsuccessful using the shortcut. did you successfully reset your preferences?

if so,

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did almost everything you said except deleting all the other CC apps. (I figure that was last resort.) However, I think I might of fixed it. I was the only account on the computer so I went and created a new account on my computer and logged into that account. Then opened up Photoshop and it opened normally. So I logged off that account and opened up my regular account and Photoshop opened normally. Not sure how that made a difference, but hopefully it keeps working wright now. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the Menu bar on top of your screen - Click on the apple logo - System preferences - Security and Privacy - Under the Privacy panel - (Scroll down to Files and Folders) - On the right hand panel Click select on Desktop under Adobe Photoshop! That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines