• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested slideshow not functioning in Opera

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a slideshow nested within a lightbox. Works great in Chrome but fails in Opera. Any workarounds?

The lightbox launches but the slideshow remains hidden. Perhaps there's a way to launch a slideshow directly from hypertext?

kristian.co.nz - Just started testing, not responsive yet. (desktop only)

The problem is on:

kristian.co.nz/about.html

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

AHA!! Thats why it wasn't working in Opera. The built in adblocker was stopping it.

Looks like I'll have to try another method. Maybe have the words link to another page with a fullscreen slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Muse site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like your About page! But I don't see any slideshow in Chrome?

What does it look like, can you send a screenshot?

Marja de Klerk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can get you some now. Over the words '3d' and 'whatnot' are hidden triggers for lightboxes. Inside the lightboxes are slideshows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kristian.co.nz/about

ss1.png

rollover whatnot (hidden trigger)

ss2.png

lightbox contains slideshow

ss3.png

//If you are looking at it with a small screen things might get hairy - I'm still setting breakpoints in the other window.

=D Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristian,

Sorry, but this does not work in my version of Chrome. No link (no little hand) over the words 3D and Whatnot.

I also tried Firefox but there only a black page appears!

Marja de Klerk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not good.

Working here..   maybe an ad blocker is stopping it from popping up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA!! Thats why it wasn't working in Opera. The built in adblocker was stopping it.

Looks like I'll have to try another method. Maybe have the words link to another page with a fullscreen slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that should work. I also used nested slideshows on my portfolio page: eyegraphic.nl/portfolio.html

http://www.eyegraphic.nl/portfolio.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no I need to resize 40 images across 12 breakpoints I just poured a shot of espresso into my Fanta and called it a Fantalatte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend not to use 12 breakpoints.

I must recommend this thread: Muse not redirecting to tablet version

If you start with 1200 | 960 | 768 | 320 is not really breakpoint (what should break from there?) you can, you are pretty much done.

You could add maybe one or two more Bps for 1400 and 1600 or 1800.

Believe me (or Pavel, if you prefer) 12 is way toooo much. Just a recommendation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I got i down to 9. Instead of picking abject numbers, when the design falters I add a point.

Threw in an extra point to look crisp at 667 for when art directors turn their iPhone 6/7 on it's side.

Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That adblocker is a worry. Here's your portfolio page in Opera with the blocker turned on. 😕ummK.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines