Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 vs. CC - 'whites' & 'blacks' sliders

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me whether the Lightroom 6 standalone version has the whites and blacks sliders? Or is this only available in the CC version? Would rather buy a standalone version than have a monthly subscription but need to know more. Also, what is the contract length for CC? Are you tied in for a certain amount of time?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hollie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC have whites and black sliders. Lightroom CC also provides these sliders in the local adjustment tools, while Lightroom 6 does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thats very helpful. How would I access the whites and blacks if not in the local adjustment tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jim said above, you need to make sure you're in the 2012 process version. You do this by choosing the correct option in the Develop Module/Camera Calibration options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you have Lightroom 6 or CC? Wondering what people's thoughts are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be hard for me to recommend Lightroom 6 at this point. There are many new tools that are only available in the CC version, and Lightroom 6 will no longer be updated to include these features.

The photography program subscription is only $9.95 a month, which includes the latest version of Photoshop and all the mobile tools (Lightroom Mobile is a fantastic app for both tablets and phones.) In my opinion, it is a good value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC both have the blacks and whites sliders IF you are working in process 2012 (which you would most certainly want to do). If you are working in an older processor version then you won't have those sliders. If you sign up for the Creative Cloud you are committing to a one-year subscription. If you choose to cancel the subscription prior to the end of the year you will be charged 50% of the remaining subscription commitment amount. What is your thinking? Do you need certain features for just a certain project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, thats really helpful. Where would you find the sliders in the Lightroom 6 version?
I'm used to just using Photoshop but since using the trial version of Lightroom theres some tools I really love and make my life so much easier (such as blacks and whites).

I feel overall it would be cheaper to buy the standalone Lightroom 6 product but don't want to go ahead if certain useful features aren't included.
What are your thoughts on Lightroom 6 vs. CC ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines