• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameScript dialog box not appearing

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a script from the FrameScript menu, a dialog box should appear where I can select a language to change the text inset flows in my document. This used to work on my machine, and it works on my colleague's machine, but the dialog box no longer pops up for me. But the box must be somewhere because if I press Enter, the script runs as if I selected the first option on the list.

I was on FM 10 when the problem first occurred. I've since installed FM 2017, but there's no change. The box still doesn't pop up.

Help? Thanks in advance. This has stumped both myself and our IT department.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes FrameMaker will "steal the focus" from FrameScript dialog boxes. Try minimizing the FrameMaker window and you should see your dialog box sitting there waiting for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying so quickly. Unfortunately, when this phantom box pops up, I can't click on anything. My only options are to hit Enter to run the script or Esc to get out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You still should be able to hit the minimize button on the main FrameMaker application window. Or, try making the FrameMaker window smaller before you run the script and see if the dialog box appears. If you need further help with this, contact me offlist and I will be glad to take a look at it. rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines