• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my cpu at 46% in firefox after all animations are over?

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stop at the end of all the animations and theres nothing animating anymore. This is only an issue in firefox. in safari and chrome (I haven't tested windows edge yet). My Cpu usage in chrome and safari doesn't spike past 12% thought out the whole animation.

I wish I could ignore this but people are using firefox.

How do i kill all the code at the end of the banner or whatever is causing this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest posting a link to your file here so that we can test it for you.

Also see https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/07/20/reducing-adobe-flash-usage-in-firefox/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

That article is for flash I'm using adobe animate 2017 CC, html5 canvas

The thing I'm not getting is why chrome and safari are running this easily but firefox is taxing my CPU and it doesn't go away when all the animations are finished. Is there some code I can put in at the end of the animation that will fix this?

here is the file.

http://chaddemoss.com/banner.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something strange about your project, but I can't see why it's like that. If you look in Safari or Chrome there are lots of workers running at the same time. To find out what CPU is really being used you would need to add up all of the numbers. The numbers still don't add up to what Firefox is using though.

So, this suggests that Firefox doesn't do workers, and that workers are a good thing. I'm just not sure why your example is using so many of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines