• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe after effects, camera and 3d layers glitch. Need serious help? :(

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my issue is that everytime i change my shape layers to 3d and add the camera, my whole composition becomes a completely blank screen.

Then as soon as i turn the 3d off it becomes clear and i can see my shapes.

Its really frustrating me as i need it to make animations for projects coming up.

Even my teacher was completely confused and said i should ask the forums.

I uninstalled and reinstalled after effects twice but same glitch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Disable depth of field on your camera or change the focus distance to be where your layers are.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screenshots and provide proper system and version information as well as the relavant info on comp settings etc..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting screen shots now. Thx Mylenium!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your composition set to use the ray-traced renderer or the classic renderer?

What are your system specs?

What, exact, version number of AE are you using? (That is to say, not "CS6", but "11.0.4" or something similar.)

Your shape layers are visible when you turn them 3d until you add the camera, right? I'm guessing the camera isn't pointing at your shape layers.

Is your comp window set to "Active Camera"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.29.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.31.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.31.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.32.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable depth of field on your camera or change the focus distance to be where your layers are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked dude!! thank you so much man!! im so happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! The screenshots really helped see what the issue was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should probably go into a bit more detail here.

Depth of field is a setting that mimics what happens in real-world photography where something can be in focus while things behind it and in front of it are out of focus.

Note how the feet and grass blades around it are in focus in this picture, but the face and trees in the background and the grass blades in the foreground are all blurry.

220px-Summer_time_feet_in_Central_Park.jpg

That's depth of field (or DOF, for short).

A wide depth of field means almost everything is in focus and a shallow depth of field means only a few things will be in focus. Things like the aperture setting for the lens, the kind of lens, the size of a camera's sensor, etc. all will have an effect on how deep or shallow your depth of field is. There are many, many web pages and web videos that cover depth of field for photography and video and some pages cover it with quite a lot of detail such as the Wikipedia page from which the above image comes.

Anyway, the reason you are losing your shapes when depth of field is turned on is that the point of focus is somewhere far away from your shapes and you have a shallow depth of field. Thus, the shapes are out of focus and are blurry. In your case, they're just really, really blurry, but they are still there!

You don't have to turn DOF off for your scene to work, by the way. You could, instead, change the focus point of your camera to be the same distance as from the camera to your objects. Now, the composition will render faster if you turn DOF off because your computer doesn't have to calculate the blur, but that's another discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines