• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Print Order of Selected Photos

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple need but cannot seem to find the answer. In a SubFolder of 65 photos I have selected 3 for printing on a sheet with 4 photo locations. I would like the order these 3 photos print. Currently the fill the page 1,2,3,blank - the print order I would like is 3,1,2,blank. Not sure if I have explained this correctly.

Yeah you are going to ask what version currently 4.4. Have the 5.0 upgrade never installed. This appears to be a basic feature which should have been available since day 0... Thanks Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

If you are using Layout Style of "Single Image/Contact Sheet"  then the photos fill the cells in the sort order on the Filmstrip.

Easiest way to sort as you want is to make a standard Collection of the photos 1,2,3, and drag them to re-sort as "Custom" 3,1,2. (either in the Filmstrip, or in the Collection) then go to the Print module.

Note: A "Custom" sort of a folder of photos is not possible if there are any sub-folders.

Another alternative:  Use the "Custom Package" option in the Print module, d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Layout Style of "Single Image/Contact Sheet"  then the photos fill the cells in the sort order on the Filmstrip.

Easiest way to sort as you want is to make a standard Collection of the photos 1,2,3, and drag them to re-sort as "Custom" 3,1,2. (either in the Filmstrip, or in the Collection) then go to the Print module.

Note: A "Custom" sort of a folder of photos is not possible if there are any sub-folders.

Another alternative:  Use the "Custom Package" option in the Print module, define the cells on the page, and drag each photo into any cell placement you want.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wobertc's explanation is great. For automation, using a collection with the images sorted in your prefered order is the most efficient route for Contact Sheet in Print.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines