Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start up problems.

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently copied my after effects cc 2014 files from my old laptop to my PC. I would get the newer versions but I find cc easy an dhave my plugins for it. However, on starting the application, I receive this error: "Unable to execute script at line 0. After effects error: can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response". I click OK and the message keeps repeating itself. Is there anyway around this?

Many Tyanks, Kameron Shelton.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copying over the files is unlikely to work.

Remove them and install CC 2014 via your Creative Cloud app instead.

Your subscription includes access to CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017 - all of which can be installed alongside each other, by the way.

The older versions are kind of hidden though - they're not where you think they're going to be. This page covers how to install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying over the files is unlikely to work.

Remove them and install CC 2014 via your Creative Cloud app instead.

Your subscription includes access to CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017 - all of which can be installed alongside each other, by the way.

The older versions are kind of hidden though - they're not where you think they're going to be. This page covers how to install them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Do you know if I will be able to copy over all of my plugins and presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presets and scripts should be able to be copied over without issue. I usually suggest installing plugins rather than copying them over. And that suggestion applies whether you're installing new versions of AE or moving between computers. Things like Form actually install stuff to After Effects (the OBJ importer) that go beyond just the plugin file.

Since you're having to reinstall your plugins anyway, this would be a good time to install the newest version of After Effects too. I find it to be easier to use than CC 2014 and since you're reinstalling plugins anyway, now's a good time to get the latest plugin installers and just install your plugins in both versions. That way, if, for some reason, the new version doesn't work for you, you can always go back to the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines