Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 26 Beta - Stagewebview does not display HTML page

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just publish our app with AIR 26 Beta which uses StageWebView to display HTML5 content files that are downloaded locally on the iPad. The webview displays a white screen.

The stagewebview first loads index.html, then based on device, it redirects to index for ipad or index for mobile. The HTML5 page contains javascript. It is white screen on the stagewebview.

I tested with a plain index.html that only has one line of text in it. The test displays ok through stagewebview.

What could be the issue with AIR 26? Does it have to do with the wkwebkit? How can I troubleshoot this? All of the sudden the apps are not working anymore and this is scary.

Please help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you publish to iPad using AIR 25, without any other changes, does it then work ok?

If it doesn't work with AIR 25 there may be a security issue in using local files. BTW, do you rely on hosted CreateJS library, or include that in the embedded files?

If it does work with AIR 25 that would point at WKWebView being the issue. I have used WKWebView using an ANE, and all the differences I saw compared to UIWebView were either improvements or bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response.

AIR 25 works. We do not use the CreateJS library. All javascript are either embedded files or in the HTMLs.

Do you know what kind of changes need to be made on the HTML/javascript side to work with AIR 26/wkwebkit?

Another thing is that we rely heavily on local storage to store and keep track of records locally. If WKWebkit clears all local storage when app exits out, then all web local storage data will be wiped out when app is re-launched again. This will make any user experience not traceable. It looks like a total redo of the HTML content files if we need to use wkwebkit from this point on.

Any insights what to do from this point forward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into this more and AIR26 still has issue to display HTML through StageWebView.

However, I found that a live URL (http://xxx.xx.com) displays fine through StageWebView, but not a html that is local to iOS (iPad in our case).

In searching for how html is loaded differently between wkWebKit and UIWebKit we came across this link that says wkwebview requires a complete file path (file:///) and not a relative file path - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41134493/whats-the-difference-between-uiwebview-and-wkwebview-whe...

Both my files saved in documentsDirectory and applicationDirectory return the complete file path with "file:///" when I tried to load the HTML through stagewebvew.loadURL(local_html_file). The trace code does not display any error and returns that the load is complete, but the stagewebview displays nothing but a blank screen.

Here is the path name for the local index.html file - file:///var/containers/Bundle/Application/EC5A2106-7263-4202-B358-0F521B945503/Documents/1/index.html

Does someone run into the same issue and have any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin Holgate,

Is it possible to let me know what ANE you used for wkWebkit? Thank you much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the most recent release of AIR 26 lists this bug in the KNOWN ISSUES.

Is Adobe going to fix this issue? If yes do you have a time frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines